I have wide selection of black polishes. It's weird, because I rarely ever wear a black creme. I prefer to have a black with some sort of sparkle or shimmer to it. One of my favorite black polishes is What's Your Name by Sinful Colors. Don't even get me started on its name. I'm not a fan of the names by Sinful Colors they seem to be random and completely unrelated to the colors!
What's Your Name- indoors w/ flash
What's Your Name- outdoors w/ sun
What's Your Name is a black creme mixed in with blue, green, teal, and purple duocrhome micro glitter. The glitter is similar to the colors on a peacock. In different lights and angles you can see different colors. It's a great black polish and for $2, I don't think you can go wrong!!
50 Things You Never Knew About Me
I've been this survey going around the nail blogs, so I figured I'd join in. You can use this in your blog or if you want share your answers in the comment section. :)
1. What time did you get up this morning?
2. How do you like your steak?
Medium, I suppose. I'm not much of a steak person, but there are times I crave it.
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema?
Haha, I haven't been the theaters in over a year. Last movie I saw was Star Trek.
4. What is your favorite TV show?
Of all time Golden Girls and Star Trek Deep Space Nine. Currently, I have no favorites.
5. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?
South Coast of England or Northern/Central Coast California
6. What did you have for breakfast?
7. What is your favorite cuisine?
I love all types of food. My favorite is probably Greek.
8. What foods do you dislike? or rather don't prefer?
Raw onions & raw celery mixed in foods. -gag-
9. Favorite place to eat?
Zikikis back home & Cheesecake Factory
10. Favorite dressing?
11. What kind of vehicle do you drive?
06 Toyota Corolla
12. What are your favorite clothes?
I'm not very fashionable, so jeans lol
13. Where would you visit if you had the chance?
Switzerland, Austria, France, Germany, Scotland, Norway, Sweden....pretty much all of Western Europe that I haven't been to already.
14. Cup 1/2 empty or 1/2 full?
I try to think 1/2 full, but there are days that are 1/2 empty. It happens.
15. Where would you want to retire?
Places I mentioned before South Coast of England or Northern/Central Coast California
16. Favorite time of day?
Very late at night right before bed. I'm very relaxed. I don't have to worry about anything the rest of the day.
17. Where were you born?
18. What is your favorite sport to watch?
I'm not really a sport fan, but I do enjoy watching the Olympics both summer & winter.
22. People watcher?
23. Are you a morning person or a night person?
24. Do you have any pets?
Yes, one grey kitty who thinks shes a princess
25. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share?
My parents are coming to visit for my bday next month
26. What did you want to be when you were little?
Marine biologist :P
27. What is your best childhood memory?
I'd have to say family vacations when I was little none specific.
28. Are you a cat or dog person?
I like them both equally.
29. Are you married?
30. Always wear your seat belt?
31. Been in a car accident?
Yes my poor Rhonda the Honda Accord RIP got smashed by a Chevy Tahoe who ran a red light. I was OK though.
32. Any pet peeves?
Ignorant narrow minded people. People who open their mouth and say judgmental and hurtful things without thinking. People who spend 24/7 complaining about anything and everything, but don't do anything to change it.
33. Favorite Pizza Toppings?
Sausage and mushrooms
34. Favorite Flower?
Hibiscus and plumerias
35. Favorite ice cream?
Mint Choc. Chip
36. Favorite fast food restaurant?
Zaxby's so bad for you, but so good. It's a treat every once in awhile.
37. How many times did you fail your driver's test?
38. From whom did you get your last email?
39. What store would you max out your credit card?
40. Do anything spontaneous lately?
No.. I need to be more spontaneous!
41. Like your job?
My job is school right now, I like school. I could use a PT job though.
I like broccoli. It hasn't done me any wrong.
43. What was your favorite vacation?
Ah..it's tie between England and Hawaii!
44. Last person you went out to dinner with?
45. What are you listening to right now?
The dryer..drying clothes....
46. What is your favorite color?
Aquamarine and dark reds.
47. How many tattoos do you have?
48. What do you like to do when nobody else is around?
Lay around and be lazy
49. Favorite Movie?
Contact, National Lampoon Vacation, LOTR, The Little Mermaid, Spirited Away. All the things I like movies included are completely unrelated. I'm eclectic.
50. Coffee drinker?
Not really. I like coffee. I'm sure if I had a coffee maker I'd have it more often.
I love this post. NOthing like getting to know your blogger. :) BTW, I like the lacquer and I don't get Sinful's idea of names at all. I think they have a bunch of words in a hat and get a 5 year old to pull them out one by one to make up names. I mean REALLY? :PReplyDelete
Whoa.. Another female under the age of 30 who likes Star Trek AND nail polish? You're my new bff.ReplyDelete
I don't understand Sinful's naming process either. One bad random name from them that comes to mind is "Pearl Harbor". PH is a milky clear color with a lot of greenish blueish duochrome glitter. Last time I checked, pearls don't flash green and blue. Also, why would anyone name a polish with a name that makes you think of a war time event that claimed the lives of over 2,000 people?
I shouldn't complain too much though. I like their funky range of colors and they are a great inexpensive brand.
Franken- Really?!?!? I'm so excited I thought was the only trekkie nail polish addict out there! :) Haha, you make a great point there. That's exactly what I mean. I don't think they really think things through when naming their colors. I'm pretty sure they're just like yell out a random name and that becomes the name of the polish. That's how random it is.ReplyDelete