2. Zoya Awaken
3. China Glaze City Flourish
4. Essie Hide & Go Chic
5. Orly Blush
Imperfectly Painted's Pick: Zoya Awaken
Best Summer 2014 Collection:
2. Orly Baked
3. OPI Brazil
4. China Glaze Off Shore
5. Essie Haute in the Heat
Imperfectly Painted's Pick: Zoya Bubbly & Tickled
Best Fall 2014 Collection:
2. China Glaze All Aboard
3. OPI Nordic
4. Essie Dressed to Kilt
5. Orly Smoky
Imperfectly Painted's Pick: Zoya Entice & Ignite
Best Winter/Holiday 2014 Collection:
2. Zoya Wishes
3. OPI Gwen Stefani Holiday
4. China Glaze Twinkle
5. Essie Jiggle Hi, Jiggle Low
Imperfectly Painted's Pick: Orly Sparkle
Best OPI 2014 Secondary/Sub Collection:
2. Sheer Tints
3. Neons 2014
4. Gwen Stefani
5. Ford Mustang
6. Spotlight on Glitter
7. Halloween Peanuts
Imperfectly Painted's Pick: Coca-Cola
Best China Glaze 2014 Secondary/Sub Collection:
2. Sea Goddess
5. Crinkled Chrome
Imperfectly Painted's Pick: The Giver
Best Handmade Indie 2014:
3. Colors by Llarowe
4. Enchanted Polish
5. Elevation Polish
Imperfectly Painted's Pick: KBShimmer
Best Non-Handmade Indie/Boutique Brand 2014:
2. Picture Polish
3. Cult Nails
4. Pretty Serious
Imperfectly Painted's Pick: Cult Nails
Best High-End Brand 2014:
2. butter LONDON
3. Deborah Lippman
Imperfectly Painted's Pick: Sephora X
Best Drugstore Brand 2014:
2. Sally Hansen
Imperfectly Painted's Pick: Other- JulieG
Best Mainstream Brand 2014:
3. China Glaze
Imperfectly Painted's Pick: Zoya
2. Never liked it in the first place.
3. Over it!
Imperfectly Painted's Pick: Over it!
Top 5 Favorite Polishes Released in 2014 (The most mentions in ranking order)
Orly Mirrorball, Orly Hot Tropics, and KBShimmer Hexy Bikini were all on my Top 25 of 2014 list!
Some interesting observations this year based on the results....
- Orly seems to crawling back into the spotlight after a 2-3 year slump. What's funny though, is it was ranked the lowest in the Best Mainstream Brand of 2014 category, however, it was ranked well in summer and winter, AND two of their polishes were listed in the favorites of all year. Interesting!
- It seems like China Glaze is the brand who needs to step up their game. I agree, their fall collection was nice and so was The Giver, but they overwhelmed everywhere else.
- Zoya ranked well as always. No surprises. Zoya knows what they're doing.
- OPI ranked well, but not the best. OPI always seems to rank on the upper average end of the spectrum every year.
- Essie scored low this year. Essie has always scored last or second to last in my past year's polls. I feel like they did best last year, and need to step it up.
That's a wrap on 2014! See you on the other side!