Tuesday, January 8, 2013
Talk it Out Tuesday: I Love Blogging
I know many of the Talk it Out Tuesdays are of the serious variety. I also know many of the topics have revolved around some of the more challenging aspects of blogging. I realized I never really talked about the love I have for blogging and being a nail blogger. Below is a just a list of things I love about this whole blogger thing. This is no particular order.
1. I get to share all my nail polish pretties with people who appreciate it just as much as I do. The people I'm around in my daily life are not nail polish junkies. They couldn't tell a red coral from a pink coral or a navy blue from a blurple. I find it so fun to be able to share my nail polishes with people who know what I'm talking about, and why nail polish is so awesome!
2. I find blogging helps give me an identity. My life isn't all about being a blogger, I do have other goals for myself. That being said, blogging is something I am passionate about and gives me purpose in my life. I do not make a dime from blogging, but in ways I see it as somewhat of a career. In April, Imperfectly Painted will be 3 years old. This is more than just a side hobby, it's a big part of who I am.
3. The connections I've made through blogging have been amazing. I think on just a blogging level, the connections I've made have helped really establish myself. The Beauty Bloggers of Central Florida has not only created friendships for me, but has helped me realize the value of bloggers. Bloggers are really the voice of all the consumers out there. I've learned that many cosmetic companies and brands appreciate the role of a blogger. It feels good to know that what I have to say is valued.
4. Respect. This is huge for me. I get emails every so often from readers telling me how much they appreciate my honesty and authenticity as not only a blogger, but as a person. These are the types of compliments that validate everything I'm doing as a blogger. The fact that you all put your trust in feels good! Thank you!
5. The other type of connections. I must say even more meaningful than blogger to blogger connections or blogger to company connections are the connections I've made with my readers. I have shared many personal challenges and insecurities with you all, and this opened doors for many of us to be able to connect on an emotional level. I've found I really have a bond with you all which means a lot to me.
I know there are more, but these are the major things for me!
If you're a blogger, why do you love blogging?
If you're not a blogger, what do you love about nail blogs and bloggers?
Posted by Stephanie Merlin at 12:49 PM
Labels: talk it out tuesday
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
I love looking at many nail blogs to keep up with the new trends and new collections being released. I personally have 270 polishes and work in a salon and get to share my obsession with everybody. I love seeing the new colors and being the first to have it in my small town, or sharing new tips with others. I love all the beautiful photos all the nail bloggers take, all of their nails look so fabulous. I'm also a fan of the actual review and finding out what different people think of the same collections or polishes. I read like 5 different nail blogs everyday, it's one of the first things I do in the morning.ReplyDelete
I love that blogging is my little corner of the world to express my creativity with people who appreciate something as much as I do (hopefully at least since I'm just starting out!). But it's a great way to feel like you are part of something!ReplyDelete
As far as reading nail blogs, I love seeing what some people choose as nail art designs or color combinations that I might not think of myself. It helps to give me a fresh perspective and new ideas on nail polish. I also love to see blogs where I feel like I can really identify with the person writing (talking about you specifically Steph!) and it makes me that much more excited to see what they are up to every day on their blog!
This is great to read!ReplyDelete
I have to say that my favorite part of being a blogger is def the community of people that "get" me! It's so nice to have a place to talk about my hobby without being criticized! I also really love when I get feedback that I've inspired someone!ReplyDelete
I seems like it would be a lot of fun to do a blog. I only have 1 friend who really cares about make up and nail polish and who I can talk to about those things and it is fun to come here and see your swatches, hear your comments, and to maybe even stop lurking and actually leave a comment. I come here because it is a place where I feel like I belong, a sisterhood of sorts, and you all share my nail obsession. Yes I totally get it. Thanks for doing what you do!ReplyDelete