Hey there everyone!
I really tried to tolerate this as much as I could, but it's becoming a constant issue in my comments lately. I don't want to be rude or hurt anyones feelings, but people constantly posting links their blog in my comment section is getting frustrating.
I've never felt a need to make a rule about this, but it has been increasing lately. Honestly, I do not mind if you post a link to your blog once in my comment section. I don't think it's the best blog etiquette, but I know being new to blogging can be challenging and you are unaware of what is considered polite and what isn't. What I have an issue with is the people who either..
1. Comment daily and always add a link to their blog after their comment. If you've already posted your link once, please do not post it again.
2. Give me some disingenuous comment like "cool!" and then link to your blog. This goes along with number #1. Most people who do this are the people who are regularly "comment" and add a link to their blog every time. This is very transparent, I know you are only posting that to get away with posting a link to your blog. I can tell the difference between who is sincere and who is not.
3. People who just post a link to their blog and nothing else.
4. People who tell me in the comments "Follow me and I'll follow you back" with a link to their blog.
Starting today I will be deleting comments that exhibit any of what is listed above. As I said before, I honestly do not mind if you post a link to your blog once. I'm giving you a free pass here because I know not everyone is aware that isn't exactly polite. I'm really cracking down on the people who abuse the commenting system continually to advertise themselves.
**I of course don't mind if you send me links to your blog to receive awards or you want to share a link with me in order to show me something that relates to my post etc.**
All of this being said, if you would like to share your blog with me you can always email me, tweet it to me, or facebook message it to me. You can find access to all of those things on the social media buttons on the right sidebar of my page. I enjoy reading new blogs. I was a newbie once too, and I know people are eager to gain a following. I think there are far more appropriate ways to get a following. These are just a few things that helped me. I'm in no way an expert on blogging, but I've found these methods to be successful.
1. Follow blogs you enjoy. Leave sincere comments on peoples posts that you like, no links!Usually, people will return the favor.
2. Get a twitter account and start getting to know other bloggers.
3. Make sure you are blogging for the right reasons. Blogging is something that should be fun and enjoyable. It is very obvious when people blog just to get free samples or unnecessary attention.
4. Most of all be genuine. This goes along with #3. People can easily tell if you're not.
The main thing is be yourself! Be real! I hope my list of suggestions doesn't come as I think I'm a know it all. I wasn't writing that for that purpose. I've received questions in the past asking how to get a following, and I figured with the subject manner of this post I might as well throw those things out there.
That's my little rant for the day. Sorry, if I've offended anyone. Just remember starting today I will be removing comments that have links in them that have already posted links before.