I chose the name Imperfectly Painted for various reasons. One reason was, I knew I would never have the perfect nails and perfect paint jobs other bloggers had, and I knew with this name no one would expect that. The second and I think more important reason is that I have struggled with self esteem and perfection issues since I was probably a toddler. Severe bullying from just a little kid to a high school student broke my spirit. I had experienced anxiety and depression for almost my entire existence because of the torment I experienced (no need for sympathy. I'm ok now!). I did not want to give anyone any reason to judge me or make fun of me again. Imperfection was not acceptable to me just 2 years ago, however, the one thing I did not feel I had to perfect at was nail polish, painting my nails, and soon blogging.
Imperfectly Painted became my refuge from a stressful reality. Imperfectly Painted soon became the one place I felt comfortable being myself..flaws and all. Guess what? No one rejected me, no one judged me, and no one made fun me. Even better, people actually told me they liked me..just being me! This is where Imperfectly Painted started to transfer over into real life. I started to love, embrace, and appreciate myself starting with the experiences I had through this blog. It maybe a nail polish blog, but it has so much more meaning to me. It was the starting point to a wonderful life change. I thank you all so much for not just reading this blog, but more importantly supporting me, and helping me to realize that I'm enough as is.
I appreciate all of you who read this blog. I have made many great friends through blogging, and have had some amazing opportunities to unite with some local bloggers. These are great and sometimes scary experiences since I am not the most social butterfly, but I'm learning. It is all very rewarding in the end.
Anyways, yay for 2 years of blogging!
I tried to make my cat look at celebratory and festive with ribbons, but she was less enthusiastic about this milestone!
As a thank you to you all for reading and supporting this blog I have a giveaway for you!
There are 2 prizes and 2 winners.
Essie No More Film, Essie She's Picture Perfect, Zoya Maisie, and $10 Ulta Gift Card.
Essie A Crewed Interest, Essie Navigate Her, Zoya Opal, and $10 Ulta Gift Card.
- Enter by filling out the form below. There is only one entry per person. There are not any extra entries. Just give me your name, email, and let me know your prize preference.
- Giveaway will end Tuesday April 24th @ 11:59EST. Winners will be announced April 25th. Winners will have 72 hours to claim their prize, or another winner(s) will be chosen.
- Winners will be chosen using random.org
- Open to USA residents only.
- I obviously cannot regulate this, but please only enter if you actually care about this blog. I really put my heart into this. If you're just in it for the prize, I'd really rather not give it to you. Please do not take the opportunity away from people who would truly appreciate it.