I love food as many of you know, and I love trying out new things. I was at Trader Joes last week and was trying to come up with a dinner idea. I saw these Sweet Apple Chicken Sausages and was contemplating how I could incorporate those into a dish. I then spotted some precut butternut squash and I had an "Ah ha!" moment. All I needed to figure out was how to season it, so this recipe I came up with is inspired by Carlsbad Craving's but I've changed a number of things so I'll share with you the recipe I came up with.
Apple Chicken Sausage + Maple Dijon Butternut Squash & Brussels Sprouts
What You'll Need:
1 package of pre-cooked chicken apple sausages (Trader Joes and Al Fresco are both brands I like)
12 oz package of pre-cut butternut squash
12 oz of frozen brussels sprouts
For the Maple Dijon sauce
1 tbsp. of maple syrup (I used a Sugar Free Maple Syrup)
4 tsp. of Dijon mustard
4 tsp. of apple cider vinegar
1 tsp. of salt
1 tsp. of smoked paprika
1/2 tsp. of pepper
1. Preheat over to 400 degrees F.
2. In a small bowl mix together your Maple Dijon Sauce
3. Cut up your chicken sausages into bite size pieces
4. In a large bowl mix together your sausage, brussels sprouts, and butternut squash.
5. Add the Maple Dijon Sauce to your vegetable sausage mixture and toss until the sausage and vegetables are evenly coated.
6. Transfer your vegetable sausage mixture to a large baking sheet covered with foil and nonstick spray or an oiled cast iron skillet and spread the mixture until it is even.
7. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, stir, then bake an additional 20-25 minutes until squash is fork tender.
This turned out so delicious and was the perfect fall dish. This would go nicely with the apple salad I made previously. You'll notice they both have almost identical flavors!
Check out my friends fall recipes in their posts today!
Amanda at ThriftyPolished
Ashley at The Bohemian Sassenach
Hayley at Polished at Heart
Jaybird at The Candle Enthusiast
Jessica at The Meltdown Blog
Julie at The Redolent Mermaid
Lauren at LoloLovesScents
Liz at Furianne
Sandra at Finger Candy
Sunnee at Our Sunny Life