I got this awesome tag from Ali over at niftyBA. She is one of the original Central Florida nail addicts that I met up with almost a year ago. She has an awesome sense of style and a fun personality. Thanks for tagging me Ali!
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves on their blog.
2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you plus eleven questions for the people you have tagged to answer.
3. Choose eleven people and link them in your tag.
4. Email the person to let them know that they’ve been tagged.
5. No tag backs.
6. You legitimately have to tag.
11 Things About Me
1. I'm originally from Dallas,TX. I spent 20 years of my life there, and all I can say is good riddance! The neighborhood I grew up in was full of rich people wannabes. I so did not fit in!
2. My dad owns a shop in Dallas called Sugarless deLite. He's been in business since 1989, and his store specializes in goodies for diabetics, special diets, and etc. Check him out! His shop is on Facebook too. :)
3. A majority of my family lives in Atlanta, GA. I wish got to spend more time with them growing up.
4. My last name is Merlin. This surprises some people, and they try to pronounce it weird was like "Marlin" or "Marilyn". My last name is pronounced just like the wizard! I used to hate my last name, but I think it's awesome now. Sadly, I do not have magical powers. :(
5. Makeup and fashion intimidate me. I wear very neutral makeup and boring clothes. Truth is, I do not have much confidence when it comes to outward appearance. I wish I had some people who could show me the ropes in the makeup and fashion dept! Any takers?
6. My parents still have this activity book thing I did at preschool when I was 4 years old. According to that book, I wanted to be a baseball player when I grew up. That is certainly not what I want to be now!
7. I like to sleep in arctic temperatures. I blame my parents they always kept it cold in the house. The a/c needs to be set 63-65 at bedtime. This is my ideal sleeping temperature..even in winter...
8. I'm working my way through a lot of anxiety issues. I used to have really severe anxiety when it came to social situations and pretty much everything. My life has almost made a completely turn around. Certain social situations and driving can still cause my anxiety, but it is SO much better than before.
9. In high school, I played flute in the band. My junior year we got to play at Carnegie Hall in NYC. That was a was an amazing experience.
10. When I get irritated or I'm in a bad mood, I google quotes by the Dali Lama. His words help me clear my mind and refocus on what is really important.
11. My personality type is INFJ.
11 Questions from Ali
1. What was your Outfit of the Day?
Bright teal peasant top, Old Navy jeans, and my go to black flip flops...yawn..I did have Orly Cotton Candy with Spoiled Jewelry Heist as an accent on my nails though. I do way better with nails than outfits!
2. What was the last thing you broke?
I really don't remember...I'm sure I'll break something immediately after this though.
3. Do you have a custom ringtone on your cell phone?
Nope, I use the "Noir" one that was on my phone already.
4. Are you named after anyone?
My first name I'm not. My middle name is a Alyse, that name comes from my great grandfather Al.
5. What was the last thing you were complimented about?
My new hair color! I'm so excited about it.
6. What has been the farthest you’ve travelled?
I spent a few weeks in England summer of 2007. It was the best! I want to go back so badly.
7. What does your umbrella look like?
I have lime green umbrella with a duck handle. No shame.
8. Do you have a favorite guilty pleasure meal, treat, or restaurant?
Any Chinese food. I swear Chinese food never gets old.
9. What is your most prized makeup possession?
My OPI La Boheme is pretty special.
10. What is your most prized possession (non-makeup related)?
Honestly, I do not really know? My cat? :P
11. Does Zoya have a nail polish with your name on it?
Yes, but it's stinky. Zoya's Stephanie is a sheer milky pink that applies unevenly.
I Tagged the Following People…
I've seen so many people tagged, so I tag anyone who would like to do this!
My 11 Questions for You
1. What was/is your favorite subject in school?
2. What are some of your favorite stores to shop for clothes?
3. If you had the chance to live in any time period in the past, what time period would you live in?
4. Who are some of the people you most admire?
5. If you could paint your room any color of nail polish what would you paint it?
6. Would you rather explore space or the deep sea?
7. What is your favorite sweet treat?
8. Do you like to "go with the flow" or are you someone who likes to plan ahead?
9. Where would you like to have an unlimited shopping spree at?
10. What is least favorite household chore?
11. What is your favorite board game?